This year the Beep 2016 painting prize is
FREE TO ENTER
After the selection process if you are one of the artists selected to participate in the Swansea and Wrexham exhibitions you will be required to pay a £25 exhibitions fee which will directly feed straight back into the set up and prize costs. Beep and elysiumgallery are not-for-profit, artist-led organisations. For information on income generated and expenditure on previous Beep exhibitions click HERE
Beep Wales is inviting submissions for two painting exhibitions based upon the theme ‘This must be the place I never wanted to leave’. Entry is open to artists from all over the world at any stage in their careers and we will accept entries by email or by post. There are two selection processes, firstly Beep and elysiumgallery will choose the artists for the Beep 2016 exhibition and then a separate panel of judges will choose a winner that will be announced at the opening night at the Swansea venue.
The Main Prize winner will receive £1000 and a solo exhibition with elysiumgallery, Swansea in 2017/18.
The People’s Prize winner will be announced at the end of the Wrexham exhibition and will receive £200.
Both the Main Prize and People’s Prize winners will participate in a group exhibition at Arcade Cardiff at the end of 2016.
THE DEADLINE HAS NOW PASSED AND BEEP2016 IS NOW CLOSED FOR ENTRIES.
Please email submissions to Beepwales@gmail.com and include your name in the subject heading.
Hard copies (by CD or paper copies) can be sent to:
elysiumgallery, 16 College Street, Swansea SA1 5BH, Wales, UK
If posting, please use standard mail (no recorded or registered post).
Successful artists will be notified shortly after deadline date.
Proposal must include:
– Name, address and contact details of painter
– Where you heard about Beep 2016 (name of magazine, website, etc.)
– A submission of up to TWO paintings (high quality JPEGS) with title/s, dimensions in cm, medium, year
– 250 words maximum statement (Word document or in an email) on the submitted paintings relating to the theme and a brief artist biography (this will be used for the online catalogue)
– link/s to website or recent works (this will only be used by exhibition judges if needing additional information picking a winner)
– Each artist can submit up to two pieces of work and can include triptychs, diptychs and installations
– Submitted digital images of the paintings must be 300dpi, minimum 800 pixels wide, maximum 3MB in JPEG format
– Each painting/triptych/diptych cannot exceed 2m in height and 4m in length
– All insurance for work while in transit and during the exhibition must be covered by the artist
– Successful applicants will be informed of the drop off/delivery days for work after the submissions deadline. Unsuccessful applicants will be informed by email.
Applications that arrive after the 18th June 2016 will not be considered
Keep in mind that we cannot prolong the application process due to a large number of artists applying each year. Please follow the procedure; otherwise, your application won’t be eligible, and you will be disqualified.
Good luck and hope to see you this year!